Sunday, July 19, 2009

SSKKREEEEEEEECHHHH!!!!!.......KLUNK.

Don't be alarmed! The sound you just heard was my marathon training coming to a gentle rest. Last Monday I started getting chilled easily. I would have a couple swallows of my ever present powerade and shivver for a few minutes. It was 72 degrees in the howse so I began to wonder what the deal was. I've heard reports that mumblingsages is constanly cold when the fat ppl around him are comfortable. Maybe that was happening to me (I've been losing weight during training).

Tuesday was my 'long' run in a regularly scheduled and much needed short week at 6 miles. It nearly killed me. Monday's and Tuesday's run times were paced at 10min+. I've been averaging mid 8s and low 9s, so I could tell something was wrong. M and T night I also had trouble sleeping as my body temp alternated hot and cold. Wednesday was a rest day and I spent most of it in bed trying to recover from lack of sleep, and I barely noticed an itch on my hip.

Thursday, I slept, sweated, shivverd, and scratched my itch all day. I asked Lisa (my wife (M.D.)) what my problem was. She said it was probably a mild flu, maybe even swine flu and I should just stay in bed until it passed.

Friday. I woke up(barely) in the morning whilst Lisa was getting ready for werk. She gave me some Pedialyte to help me rehydrate and t00k away my powerade. My itch was on fire so as she was about to leave, I had her take a l00k at the spot. Immediatly she said "Oh you've got Lyme Disease. We can cure that!"

Saturday I slept again.

So here is Sunday. I've been on anti biotix since Friday evening. I think this aftern00n I can play a board game with my kidz. I am hoping tomorrow I can try to run again.

1 comment:

OhCaptain said...

Yikes! Feel better soon!