Thursday, October 07, 2004

Who won the VP Debate

Did anybody watch the VP debate? I havn't heard who won. I realise that a VP debate is kinda like kissing your brother, but I would like to know the outcome. I was going to watch it live, but the Twins were playing the hated Yankees. I was going to tape it, but I pretended that I forgot. I stumbled across it the next night being rebroadcast late on PBS. I was going to watch it then, but I'd hate to get started in the middle. Unfortunately, I stumbled into it right at the beginning. I had no choice but to give it a try. I listened to Edwards answer one question. I listened to Cheney answer one question. I decided to wait for the media to tell me what to think. The media dropped the ball. I HAVEN'T HEARD WHAT I AM SUPPOSED TO THINK!!!! I can only imagine that means that Cheney won and nobody wants to admit it. Of course this is conjecture. I am not a responsible enough voter to have watched myself. So I need you-all (<---- I hear Katie Couric say you-all a lot so it must be proper even though it grates on the ears, even when you read it) to tell what to think. Are you up to the challenge?

1 comment:

PTW said...

Well, Cheney came across sounding a lot like a demon gnashing its teeth. The Bushies probably thought it made him sound authoritative.

Frankly, it wasn't as decisive as the first presidential debate. Edwards and Cheney spent a lot of time accusing each other of having their facts wrong. Cheney was scary, Edwards was hopeful. Chalk me up as one person suggesting you think that Edwards won, because he didn't give the impression he was going to burst into flames.