Saturday, July 02, 2005

I saw it coming but I didn't say anything.

I had a feeling that Venus was going to beat The Couch today even though she is technically an underdog. I know it shouldn't happen. The Couch strikes the ball mechanically better than anyone on the women's tour today. Venus makes me cringe everytime she swings. Somehow, though, she manages to play incredible tennis. I guess it comes down to athleticism and timing. After seeing her beat Sharapova in the previous round I was certain Venus was going to win. In the final, Venus had a Championship Point against, and I said to no one, "She is still going to win this. Thc Couch just can't move.

So I am going to make a prediction now for the men's final. Federer will beat Roddick. I was going to give reasons but after reading my above paragraph I realized that I am too tired to be cogent. So, I'll stick to my prediction and let the reader assume that the reasons are obvious even to the most casual of observers.

No comments: