Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Injury report


Egads!!! Timing is everything. With four days to go, before the Shamerock shuffle I was laying low, minding my own bizniz. I have been training of course, but I am pacing myself to be ready yet rested this next Sunday morn. To that end, Monday I was calmly lifting a couple of ATV's out of snowbanks in the back yard when up walks Buenger Back. When I accepted the challenge to compete in the Shamerock Shuffle I was well aware that I was going to be dealing with a pain in the neck. I just didn't realize that it would be compounded by an actual injury. Buenger Back tends to visit at the oddest times. Sometimes he visits for a coupld hours. Sometimes a couple weeks. I played tennis this morning in a warm up for this weekends tournament and my mobility was limited by it. Mumblingsages may take this as a glimmer of hope. He would be unwise to do so. It may hamper my tennis game, especially weaking my dominant serve, but running in a straight line doesn't seem to be affected.

1 comment:

OhCaptain said...

It's like watching two old people, you know, cuddle.

My [insert body part] hurts!

Wah, wah, wah.

I'm thinking about putting my money on this race never happening.